If you’re like most people, you probably use your NordicTrack treadmill a few times a week to get in shape.
But what happens when you’re done using the treadmill for the day? Do you just leave it running?
It’s easy to forget to turn off your NordicTrack treadmill after a workout. But leaving the treadmill on when not in use can be a safety hazard and a waste of energy.
So, How Do I Turn Off a NordicTrack Treadmill?
Knowing how to turn off your treadmill is just as important as knowing how to turn it on.
The procedure of turning different NordicTrack treadmill models is the same. The following is how to turn off your NordicTrack treadmill:
- First, stop the tread belt by pressing the Stop button or by tapping the middle of the screen.
- After the walking belt has stopped, press the power switch into the off position.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Finally, fold up the treadmill and store it in a safe place.
By following the simple steps above, you can be sure that your NordicTrack treadmill is turned off properly and safely.
NB: By leaving your NordicTrack treadmill on when you are not using it, you are increasing the chances of the treadmill’s electrical components wearing prematurely.
When To Turn Off Your NordicTrack Treadmill
- When you are done for the day: There is no point leaving your treadmill on when you’re done for the day. Leaving it on wastes electricity and increases the rate of wear of the electrical parts.
- When cleaning the treadmill: Regularly clean the treadmill and keep the walking belt clean and dry. Before you start the cleaning process, make sure the treadmill is powered off.
- When doing maintenance tasks on the treadmill: Always unplug your treadmill from the power outlet before you begin any maintenance.
NB: To avoid damaging the treadmill, DO NOT turn off the power or remove the key while the treadmill’s firmware is being updated.
How do I stop my NordicTrack treadmill in case of an emergency
In case of an emergency, pull the key from the console. This helps slow/stop the walking belt. (Always test the clip and safety key by taking a few steps backward to see if the key is pulled out of the console and adjust the position of the clip accordingly.)
What do I do when the treadmill power turns off during use?
- If the power turns off during use, check the power switch to see if it has tripped. If it has tripped, wait for at least five minutes, and then press the switch back in.
- Ensure that the power cord is plugged in. If the cord is plugged in, unplug it, wait for at least five minutes, and then plug it back in.
- Remove the key from the console, and then reinsert it.
Can I leave a treadmill plugged in?
Yes, you can leave your treadmill plugged into a power outlet. Just make sure you switch off the treadmill using the ON/OFF switch and there is a surge protector between the treadmill and the power source. The surge protector protects the treadmill’s electronics from power spikes.
NB: If you have a manual treadmill, you’ll need to remove the safety key before you can turn off the power switch.
I hope this post has helped you understand how easy it is to turn off the NordicTrack treadmill.
Even if you have switched off the treadmill and have a surge protector it is always a good idea to unplug the treadmill. This reduces the risk of electrical accidents.